Registered Agent for Florida LLC
(1) Each limited liability company and each foreign limited liability company that has a certificate of authority under s. 605.0902 shall designate and continuously maintain in this state:
(a) A registered office, which may be the same as its place of business in this state; and
(b) A registered agent, who must be:
1. An individual who resides in this state and whose business address is identical to the address of the registered office; or
2. A foreign or domestic entity authorized to transact business in this state whose business address is identical to the address of the registered office.
(2) Each initial registered agent, and each successor registered agent that is appointed, shall file a statement in writing with the department, in the form and manner prescribed by the department, accepting the appointment as registered agent while simultaneously being designated as the registered agent. The statement of acceptance must provide that the registered agent is familiar with and accepts the obligations of that position.
(3) The duties of a registered agent are as follows:
(a) To forward to the limited liability company or registered foreign limited liability company, at the address most recently supplied to the agent by the company or foreign limited liability company, a process, notice, or demand pertaining to the company or foreign limited liability company which is served on or received by the agent.
(b) If the registered agent resigns, to provide the notice required under s. 605.0115(2) to the company or foreign limited liability company at the address most recently supplied to the agent by the company or foreign limited liability company.
(4) The department shall maintain an accurate record of the registered agent and registered office for service of process and shall promptly furnish information disclosed thereby upon request and payment of the required fee.
(5) A limited liability company and each foreign limited liability company that has a certificate of authority under s. 605.0902 may not prosecute, maintain, or defend an action in a court until the limited liability company complies with this section and pays to the department a penalty of $5 for each day it has failed to comply or $500, whichever is less, and pays any other amounts required under this chapter.
776 thoughts on “Florida LLC Registered Agent”
Comments are closed.