Florida Notary Contact Information

Order Florida Notary Supplies Here



Contact the Executive Office of the Governor’s Notary Section:

  • To learn how to obtain educational materials.
  • To file a complaint against a notary public.
  • To respond to a complaint filed against you for notary misconduct.
  • To resign your notary public commission.


Executive Office of the Governor
Notary Section
The Capitol, Suite 209
400 S. Monroe St.
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0001


(850) 717-9310


  • Also, be sure to check out the Notary Section of the Executive Office of the Governor on the Governor’s website for answers to your Florida notary public questions:



Contact the Department of State’s Notary Commissions and Certifications Section:

  • To report a change in your home address, business address, telephone number, or criminal record.
  • To obtain information about a particular notary public or a notary public’s surety bond.
  • To obtain a list of the bonding agencies approved to process notary public commission applications.
  • To report your notary public seal as lost or stolen.
  • To request authentication of a notary public’s commission for a document being sent to another state or a foreign country (i.e. a Certificate of Notarial Authority or an Apostille).


Department of State
Notary Commissions and Certifications Section
P.O. Box 6327
Tallahassee, FL 32314

Department of State
Apostille Certification
P.O. Box 6800
Tallahassee, FL 32314

Department of State
Division of Corporations
Notary Commissions or Apostille Certification
2661 Executive Center Circle
Tallahassee, FL 32301
(Walk-in Service and Courier Delivery)

 (850) 245-6975

(Notary Commissions and Certifications)

  (850) 245-6945

  • Another website that may interest you is that of the Department of State’s Notary Commissions and Certifications Section, where you can search for Florida notaries public, access the Notary Education Program, obtain a list of notary public bonding agencies, learn about Apostille certification, and more:


Contact your Bonding Agency:

  • To obtain and submit an application for appointment as a notary public.
  • To check the status of your pending notary public commission application.
  • To amend your notary public commission after a lawful name change.
  • To receive information about your notary public surety bond, or optional errors and omissions insurance.
  • To purchase a notary public seal.
  • To request a duplicate copy of your notary public commission certificate.