Check-List For Starting a Business in Florida
– A desire to “be your own boss” isn’t enough by itself to make you a successful small business operator.
– Before you set up shop, you’ll need to th ink hard about whether you’re the entrepreneurial type.
– Take a look at the following questions below. You should be able to answer
“yes” to at least six of them if you’re going to make it as an entrepreneur.
• Is your family supportive of the time and money you’ll have to spend?
• If you will need outside financing, do you have a network of friends or business associates who will provide it?
Do you have a product or service that is in demand?
• Do you know who the competition is?
• Does your business have some advantage over existing firms?
• Are you willing to invest 50, 60 or 70 hours a week to run a business?
• Are you self-motivated?
• Do you have business skills or experience?
• Do you have leadership experience?
• Are you willing to risk yoursavings on the venture?