Filing requirements. All of the following requirements must be met before a document may be filed under this section by the secretary of state:
(1) A document that is required or permitted by this chapter to be filed in the office of the secretary of state must satisfy the requirements of this section and of any other section that adds to or varies these requirements.
(2) The document must contain the information required by this chapter. It may contain other information as well.
(3) The document must be typewritten or printed.
(4) The document must be in the English language. A corporate name need not be in English if it is written in English letters or Arabic or Roman numerals.
(5) (a) Except as provided in subsection (5)(b), the document must be executed:
(i) by the presiding officer of the board of directors of a domestic or foreign corporation, by its president, or by another of its officers;
(ii) if directors have not been selected or the corporation has not been formed, by an incorporator; or
(iii) if the corporation is in the hands of a receiver, trustee, or other court-appointed fiduciary, by that fiduciary.
(b) A corporation’s annual report may be executed as provided in subsection (5)(a) or by the corporation’s authorized agent.
(6) The person executing the document shall sign the document and state beneath or opposite the person’s signature the person’s name and the capacity in which the person signs. The document may but need not contain the corporate seal, an attestation by the secretary or an assistant secretary, or an acknowledgment, verification, or proof.
(7) The document must be in or on the prescribed form if the secretary of state has prescribed a mandatory form for the document under rules adopted pursuant to 35-1-1315.
(8) Except as provided in 33-3-601, the document must be delivered to the office of the secretary of state for filing and must be accompanied by:
(a) the correct filing fee; and
(b) any franchise tax, license fee, or penalty required by this chapter, rules promulgated under this chapter, or other law.
1,765 thoughts on “Florida Filing Requirements for Corporation”
Comments are closed.